I am responsible for what I learn in #Etmooc. A video post from Benjamin Wilkoff inspired this blog.
Yes, ETMOOC and the amount of information we are presented with is overwhelming, but I LOVE that:
- I have choice in setting my learning goals
- I have learned how to curate the information I am interested in using tools like pinterest or rebelmouse or many others
- I get to take the road I want to travel on in this journey
- I get to share what I want, when I want
- I am learning to focus and filter
- I get to collaborate with those of my choosing
- I am choosing to learn from so many people, but filter what it is that I learn
I am so grateful for ALL the wise people who contribute to #ETMOOC, so that I can choose what works best for me.
I think ETMOOC is like being at an amazing banquet with a glorious feast presented in front of me. I get to choose what in that feast will be healthy for me. Yes, it is difficult to choose and there will be frustration in the choosing, and I might even want to avoid some banquets, but in the end I ultimately choose what is best for me and me alone.
By choosing what will work best for me. I know that choice can and will affect other people. By taking care of what it is I need, I can affect others in a positive way.
Thanks Ben for making me reflect in more ways than one.