Hangouts are an excellent way for School Counsellors and educators to connect from across the world. You can pick a time to connect to share resources, ideas or just to get to know each other.
One of the best features of hangouts is that ten people can collaborate to make a difference in the lives of students.
If you have never used hangouts before below is a great explanation by Martin Shervington:
Below is a hangout that Erin Mason facilitated last year on The Future of School Counseling.
Here is a great example of how to use google hangouts for webinars:
Benefits of google hangouts:
- All you need is a google plus account to start a hangout
- It’s ok to make mistakes (other educators especially other school counsellors will assist you)
- You can connect with educators from all over the world
- There are many creative ways to use google hangouts, you can come up with a few of your own and when you do please share
- They are fun and easy to do once you catch on
Connecting with school counsellors in a hangout is a great new way to grow professionally . It is an amazing way to work on a google doc or watch a video together that you have made on school counselling. I look forward to you sharing the many ways you have found to use google hangouts.
If you’d like to see how other educators are using google hangouts you can check out these Edcamphome google hangout videos . I participated in my first edcampHOME last year and it was a fun, interesting educational experience. The best part watching the organizers do such an amazing job of coordinating.
Have fun learning!