Picture taken by ASCA photographer
This was my second ASCA conference and it did not disappoint. Going to a conference when you have a PLN on twitter is a whole new experience and I’d have to say a much better one because you already know people before you get there. This makes the conference so much richer. Last year I went by by myself, but I was certainly not alone. It was a very special conference because I was going to surprise my friend Erin Mason. That memory will resonate with me for many years to come. It was a magical moment when I finally suprised her. You can check out my blog post from last year here.
Here are some of the highlights from this years conference:
- Connecting with other School Counsellors and friends especially my roomie Bridget @bridgethelms.
- Celebrating the book launching and signing of my friend Carol’s @tmscounselor new book Star Bound.
- The tweetup . Seeing people F2F is fabulous!
- Seeing my friend Ed.Jacobs . I never get tired of listening to him and @doc_schimmel present. They are amazing! If you have never checked out one of their sessions on Impact Therapy and groups you need to!
- Tim Schriver’s keynote was so inspirational and of course made me cry.
- Russ Sabella’s session on Ethics and School Counselling which inspired this post Privacy An Illusion.
- The collaboration and fun things to come… Ideas flow at conferences.
Here are a couple of videos from the conference:
If you haven’t been to an ASCA Conference go.Next year it is in New Orleans. Before you do connect with other School Counsellors in #SCCrowd , #scchat , #hscchat , #SCin30 and #escchat. Looking forward to seeing and connecting with you! Until then see you on twitter @sspellmancann on video in #SCin30 or in one of our monthly chats.
Want to donate to help someone be able to go to ASCA16 please donate here: Click on Jeremy’s twitter post.
A work in progress pressed publish, but will finish later … I think maybe it is time for a real vacation…