As I reflect on Seth Godin’s blog today I am thinking about all the educators and what they are doing each and every day as they start a new school year.
Seth reminds us
- that digital learning is a revolution that can transform people faster and with more impact
- to play as if it matters
- that dreams are difficult to build and easy to destroy
Check the rest of his talk out here.
What do you think school is for and how will you make it better for students?
Ken Robinson always makes us think and I hope he does you too. Both Seth and Ken challenge us to move away from compliance and conforming to celebrating students learning. No learning … no education going on says Ken Robinson. So how do educators best go about helping students learn?
Ken reminds us
- that human beings are naturally different and diverse
- to light the spark of curiosity
- to awaken and empower a culture of creativity
- to individualize teaching and learning
Listen to the rest of his talk here:
What do you think school is for?