BEST PROMPTS for the School Counsellor to use :
- Chat GPT can make mistakes and give incorrect info.
- It is important to start a new chat when changing topics.
- Always fact check Chat GPT
- I want you to act as a School Counsellor. I will provide some details about the current situation and goals for the student, and it will be your job to come up with strategies that can help me help the student make better decisions and reach those objectives. This could involve offering advice on various topics, such as creating plans for achieving success or dealing with difficult emotions. My first request is dealing with a grade 8 student dealing with (topic) ex: stress. Next prompt – can you suggest videos? – next prompt- suggest age-appropriate articles. Next prompt- Create tip sheets. next prompt – can you suggest age-appropriate books – next prompt – suggest activities for each.
- Provide 20 resources on [topic].
- Help me find an interactive game or activity to help reinforce [concept].
- Suggest a book or article my students can read to learn more about [topic].
- Come up with 10 creative ways to teach [topic] to my students.
- Provide 10 examples of real-world applications of [concept] to help my students understand it better.
- Suggest 10 ways to differentiate instruction for students with different learning styles or needs. On the (topic).
- Provide 10 tips or strategies for helping my students improve their coping skills.
- Suggest 10 ways to incorporate technology into my lessons to make them more engaging and interactive.
- Can you provide some examples of how [historical event, scientific concept, etc.] has impacted society or the world?
- Suggest 10 ways to help my students develop their [ skills], such as communication, emotional regulation teamwork, or leadership. Be specific as to age/grade level.
- Create a newsletter on (topic) for students/parents/ teachers.
- Tell me 10 great resources for teaching about (topic).
- Recommend 10 videos on ( topic) (grade level).
- 1O creative ways to make ( subject /topic more interesting) for students.
- Recommend 10 good podcasts related to (a topic that my students can listen to.
- Recommend 10 good articles on (topic).
- 10 effective strategies for teaching empathy to ( age/grade level).
- 10 ways students can develop their self-awareness and self-reflection skills.
- 10 engaging mindfulness activities for (age/grade level).
- 10 ways to develop positive peer relationships with peers ( age/ grade level).
- 10 ways to deal with difficult emotions ( age/ grade level).
- 10 tips for being resilient for (age/ grade level).
- 10 ways I can be a better student (age/ grade level).
- 10 activities for building (self-esteem, confidence etc. for (age/grade level).
- 10 specific activities for coping with (topic … anxiety).
- 10 self-talk statements to deal with (topic) age level/grade level.
- Simulate a job interview for an (age of student).
- List 10 possible careers for a student who is interested in …
- Act as a School Counsellor and help a student with the following concerns.
- I want you to act as a School Counsellor. I will provide you with an individual looking for guidance on managing their emotions, stress, anxiety and other mental health concerns. Use your knowledge of DBT, CBT, solution-focused therapy, brief therapy, meditation techniques, mindfulness practices and other counselling techniques to create strategies that a student can implement in order to improve their overall well-being. My first request is” I need someone to help me with a grade ___ student who needs help managing their (depressive symptoms).
- I want you to act as a career counsellor for an (age/ grade I will provide you with an individual looking for guidance in their life, and your task is to help them determine what careers they are most suited for based on their skills, interests and experience. You should also conduct research into the various options available, explain the job market trends in different industries and advice on which qualifications would be beneficial for pursuing particular fields. My first request is “I want to advise someone who wants to pursue a potential career in …
- Act as a School Counsellor I will provide you with some information about a student’s goals and challenges, and it will be your job to come up with strategies that can help this person achieve their goals. This could involve providing positive affirmations, giving helpful advice or suggesting activities they can do to reach their end goal. My first request is …
- Respond to this angry parent in a positive tone.
- Write an email to a parent in a positive tone letting them know …
- Create a tutorial on … topic/grade level.
- Create some hands-on activities on (topic/grade level).
- Act as a School Counsellor: develop a visual graphic for a student in Grade —- on the topic of —-
- Teach me how to use google sheets as a School Counsellor to …
- Create 10 reflection questions to discuss (topic) in a group.
- Create an inspirational blog post for students in grade on the topic of —-
- Develop a 30-minute lesson plan on the topic of ____ from a School Counsellor’s perspective.
- Put _____ in alphabetical order.
- List categories for each of these topics.
- Create monthly topics on social-emotional learning for grade ____ students from a School Counsellor’s perspective. – NEXT PROMPT – Create activities for each.
- Create 10 great tips that Elie Wiesel may give to grade —- students.
- Create 10 great tips that Malala Yousafzai, Greta Thunberg, Oprah Winfrey, Terry Fox, Rosa Parks, Anne Frank, Martin Luther King Jr., Nelson Mandella, Leo Buscaglia or anyone who inspires you may give to grade — students.
You could create a tips sheet for the students out of the responses.
- Create 10 great tips that Carl Rogers, Bruce Perry, Ed Jacobs, Donald Michenbaum Dr. Erin Mason, may give to grade —- students.
49. Generate an analogy for …
50. Imagine … how would you cope with …
51. Generate open-ended questions on (topic)
52. Suggest 10 interactive activities to explain (topic) from a School Counselling Perspective
53. Explain the process of ( nurturing healthy relationships) in ten steps.
54. Explain the concept of cognitive behaviour therapy ( in simple steps that will help me with (topic)
55. Provide me with 10 engaging energizers from a school Counselling Perspective that I can use with a group on (topic)
56. From a School Counselling perspective recommend 5 books on the topic of ____ that will. help with (topic)
60. Make a list of …
Ask Chat GPT to create 100 more prompts for School Counsellors especially when you have been inputting information as a School Counsellor.
You can also use your counselling skills when talking to chat GPT say … tell me more.
Now it’s your turn. Share any resources/ ideas/tips you have … You can add to this cheat sheet I created that I will be updating to assist you in the amazing work you do.