There are many simple pleasures in life, living life at a slower pace is one. When in Cape Breton life seems to slow down even in the best of times.
I start walking a bit slower when I get off of the plane during my yearly venture to enjoy the summers in beautiful Cape Breton.
A few of my favourite simple pleasures are :
- Getting up early looking out at the water and enjoying my first cup of tea.
- Watching the boats go by.
- Seeing kids water skiing or being pulled on a tube while shouting with glee.
- Reading a good book or magazine while soaking in the sun.
- Swimming in the Mira and taking a walk along the shore of any beach in Nova Scotia.
- Spending an evening with our kids one in their 20’s the other in their 30’s.
- Enjoying a meal cooked by our adult children.
- Eating outside on a warm summer eve.
- Spending time with friends anytime, anyway.
- Appreciating all in life that I have to be grateful for.
I love being around our children who are now young adults. Yesterday I got to spend time with my daughter. We cooked together, played crazy eights, and Yahtzee thoroughly enjoying each other’s company. What simpler pleasure could there be than that?