I am so fortunate to be living near the water during this time. It almost feels like there is no Covid except for all the visitors we usually have and don’t this year. Water is healing. I have been swimming and spending a lot of time outdoors. All good for my well being. I feel blessed. Summertime and the living is easy for sure. After many years of rushing and doing, today I am just being.Well sort of , I painted a picnic table in between swims.
When I go on my walks I like to toon out the world, but pay attention to nature. This is today’s pic. So go ahead take out the music earpieces and notice the world around you. Take time to breathe and take in all the wonders of the sights and sounds that pass you by.
There are many simple pleasures in life, living life at a slower pace is one. When in Cape Breton life seems to slow down even in the best of times.
I start walking a bit slower when I get off of the plane during my yearly venture to enjoy the summers in beautiful Cape Breton.
A few of my favourite simple pleasures are :
- Getting up early looking out at the water and enjoying my first cup of tea.
- Watching the boats go by.
- Seeing kids water skiing or being pulled on a tube while shouting with glee.
- Reading a good book or magazine while soaking in the sun.
- Swimming in the Mira and taking a walk along the shore of any beach in Nova Scotia.
- Spending an evening with our kids one in their 20’s the other in their 30’s.
- Enjoying a meal cooked by our adult children.
- Eating outside on a warm summer eve.
- Spending time with friends anytime, anyway.
- Appreciating all in life that I have to be grateful for.
I love being around our children who are now young adults. Yesterday I got to spend time with my daughter. We cooked together, played crazy eights, and Yahtzee thoroughly enjoying each other’s company. What simpler pleasure could there be than that?